Research Associate Fellowship
To be eligible to apply for a CPHS Research Associate Fellowship, you must:
- Have previously held another CPHS Fellowship;
- Be registered as a doctoral student or hold a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Toronto;
- Have a component of your research that deals with a social dimension of health as defined in the CPHS Research Themes; and,
- Be available to participate in CPHS Program activities during the period of the Fellowship, particularly for CPHS seminars, held twice monthly during the fellowship period from 10:00am – 12:00pm on Wednesdays. Any absences longer than three weeks during the fellowship period may render you ineligible for funding.
Research Associate Fellowships are awarded to former CPHS Fellows primarily on the basis of good “citizenship” within the program. (i.e. regular attendance at seminars, constructive engagement with other fellows).
On occasion, the CPHS is interested in a research proposal but is unable, for various reasons, to provide funding under the fellowship category for which the proposal was originally submitted. In such a situation, the Advisory Committee may grant the applicant a CPHS Research Associate Fellowship.
The CPHS Research Associate Fellowship carries the value of $5,000. The CPHS Research Associate Fellowship payment is made in two installments, usually in November and January. Holders of this award are eligible to apply for an additional CPHS Travel Award (up to $500) during the period of the Fellowship.
The CPHS Research Associate Fellowship has no research allowance. However the award money may be used for any purpose.
Dual-Holding of Fellowships
A CPHS Research Associate Fellowship may be held in conjunction with another doctoral or post-doctoral fellowship that permits the dual-holding of fellowships.
Length and Residency
The CPHS Research Associate Fellowship may be held for one year, generally September to August. Other start and end dates can be arranged in exceptional circumstances. Holders of our Research Associate Fellowship must be in residence in Toronto in order to permit full participation in the various events and seminars we offer throughout the year.
We recognize that Fellowship holders periodically may need to be away from Toronto for research purposes.
Renewal of Fellowship
The CPHS Research Associate Fellowship cannot be renewed. However, application may be made to another CPHS Fellowship.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, May 30, 2016. You can either email your application as one file to email@example.com or submit a hard copy to the reception at the Munk School of Global Affairs (1 Devonshire Place, South House).
Application Packages and Instructions
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A short cover letter;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Plan of study or research statement (2 page maximum);
- Letter of research and teaching activities (in a short letter, please briefly indicate your current and expected research trips and teaching obligations during the fellowship period).
Contact CPHS Program Administrator.