IMFG Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The Institute on Municipal Finance and Governance (IMFG), within the University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, invites applications for a one-year IMFG Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Municipal Finance and Governance. Research should be pertinent to IMFG’s focus on the finance and governance issues faced by large cities and city-regions in Canada and around the world.
The Fellowship will commence September 1, 2019 offers $50,000 (CAD) of financial support for the following twelve months, and provides benefits pursuant to the collective agreement between the University of Toronto and CUPE 3902, Unit 5.
Fellowship recipients are expected to live in Toronto, Canada, while pursuing their research, and will have the opportunity to participate generally in the intellectual life of the Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy and larger University of Toronto community.
Eligibility is limited to applicants who will have received their Ph.D. in a relevant discipline within three years prior to the time they begin their fellowship at IMFG (i.e. between September 1, 2016 and September 1, 2019). Please note that applicants must have completed all requirements for their Ph.D. before the start date of the fellowship.
In addition to pursuing an intensive research project, the post-doctoral fellow is expected to participate as a member of the IMFG team.
Core responsibilities include:
- Presenting their research in the form of two seminars at IMFG, with the first in the fall of 2019 and the second in the spring of 2020.
- Preparing two original research papers for publication by IMFG.
Other responsibilities, based on the fellow’s interests and IMFG’s research agenda, could include:
- Planning IMFG conferences, events or roundtables, in conjunction with IMFG staff;
- Preparing research papers for publication as part of one or more of IMFG’s three publication series;
- Developing other IMFG research projects and initiatives; and
- Providing research assistance and support to the IMFG Director.
Applications for the 2019-2020 fellowship are now open. Applications must be received by no later than Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Instructions are available here.