IMFG has an opening for an Administrator. Under the supervision of the IMFG Director and the IMFG Manager of Programs and Research, the Administrator performs a wide and dynamic range of duties for IMFG (event planning, publication coordination and proofreading, communications, finances, website management) and is responsible for the smooth running of the Institute’s administrative operations.
- Organizing, planning, and executing the Institute’s many high-profile events such as conferences, workshops, and public lectures. This includes preparing project budgets and submitting reimbursements, making catering orders and room bookings/rentals, arranging for and monitoring audiovisual requirements, liaising with partner organizations and high-profile guests and speakers, organizing accommodation and transportation arrangements, monitoring audience registration, and handling event publicity.
- Drafting the monthly e-newsletter and overseeing the design and mailing of all communications including event invitations and publication announcements;
- Coordinating and proofreading the Institute’s various print and online publications;
- Liaising with publications personnel (e.g. authors, editors, typesetters, etc.)
- Continuously updating the Institute’s website; using Photoshop to format images; and uploading webcast recordings onto the Institute’s YouTube channel;
- Drafting annual reports and compiling information for reports to funders;
- Completing various kinds of correspondence and other documents in consultation with the Director and the Manager of Programs and Research;
- Liaising with partner programs and departments and the Institute’s fellows and visiting scholars;
- Preparing project budgets and financial statements and invoicing co-sponsors;
- Maintaining confidential files; developing and maintaining a filing system for the Director’s office;
- Creating records and monitoring a calendar of events while anticipating needs and deadlines; Continuously alerting the Director and the Manager of Programs and Research to upcoming issues and deadlines;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Minimum three (3) years of related and recent experience providing office management and/or executive-level assistance, handling multiple files and meeting timelines in a fast-paced environment. Experience with writing and proofreading. Experience with event planning logistics. Experience with maintaining and updating web pages and utilizing social media tools, including Twitter, YouTube, and other applications. Experience with databases and maintaining a record and filing system. Experience drafting reports and correspondence. Previous work experience in an academic environment and/or knowledge and understanding of municipal finances is an asset.
3 year College Diploma or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are exceptional organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel with demonstrated skills in spreadsheets, and email applications. Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Photoshop, and social media platforms is an asset.
The job requires accuracy and initiative. The incumbent must anticipate a variety of forthcoming tasks, manage multiple files, and track competing deadlines. The incumbent must be able to execute a wide range of pressing administrative tasks under time pressure; this requires a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, initiative, and ability to work within a team environment. The incumbent must have professional judgment, maturity, tact, and diplomacy.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and cover letter outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference IMFG Administrator in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: February 12, 2018, 9:00am EST