The Community Safety Knowledge Alliance and Mowat NFP hosted a two day event that brought international leaders and innovators in evidence-informed policymaking together to share emerging trends, discuss lessons learned, and provide fresh insight into the challenges facing policymakers, practitioners, researchers and academics in their quest to determine ‘what works’.
Innovation in Evidence Papers
Innovation in Evidence Conference
The conference leveraged local expertise, build on past initiatives, and bring together a diverse range of leaders, funders, and investors from across Canada. Topics covered included:
- best practices in generating, translating, and adopting evidence;
- exploring what meaningful engagement with policymakers and practitioners looks like in practice;
- the role of data and data sharing in evidence-informed decision-making;
- opportunities to support non-profits in their path to outcomes;
- embedding evidence institutions in outcomes funding arrangements such as social impact bonds;
- profiling innovation and experimentation efforts in Canada.
Visit the conference website for more info.
Speaker presentations & recap
Canada’s Evidence Institutions
We are crowdsourcing Canadian infrastructure for evidence-informed decision-making institutions. This page is a listing of institutions, agencies, organizations and partnerships that are part of Canada’s infrastructure for evidence-informed decision-making. As a starting point, it includes a number of examples of capacity-building organizations and multi-sector partnerships that are successfully learning and sharing what works to help improve outcomes for people in their communities.