Applications for entrance fall 2018 will open on Monday, October 2, 2017 and close Monday, January 22, 2018.
Please see admission requirements below.
There is no Winter admittance.
- Four-year (4 year) Bachelors degree (in any discipline) or equivalent.
- A minimum CGPA of mid B (3.0), and a minimum GPA of B+ (3.3) in the final year of undergraduate studies. Admission is highly competitive, and meeting this requirement does not guarantee admission.
- A background in microeconomics is required to take the core course GLA1001H Macro & International Economics. Students who have not taken microeconomics within the last two years and received at least a B+ will be required to take GLA1010H Microeconomics in their first year of the MGA program.
- International Students: Please refer to the School of Graduate Studies degree equivalency tool to ensure you have the required credentials to apply to the MGA program.
**If you are applying to any of our combined degree programs or collaborative programs, please ensure you meet the application requirements of both departments. For more information on our combined programs and collaborative programs please visit our Joint Programs page.
Please follow the following instructions carefully.
Apply online through the School of Graduate Studies
Applications to the MGA must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) through the online admissions application, which is housed on a secure server in the University of Toronto. Once you access the SGS online admissions application and enter your contact information, an applicant identification number and a password will be emailed to you. You can leave and return to your application at any point until you move to the application fee payment stage. At that point you can return to check on the status of this application, including whether we have received your supporting documents.
Payment of your application fee ($120) must be received by the School of Graduate Studies before we will consider your application. You may pay online by VISA or MasterCard.
The online admissions application replaces previous pdf and printed application forms. If you have copies of those forms, please discard them and use the online application process only.
To proceed to the SGS online application please click HERE.
Once all applications have been received after the January 22th deadline, we will begin reviewing applications. First round offers are typically made by early March, and admissions continue in rounds until the incoming class is full, at which point unsuccessful candidates will be notified by e-mail. All Admissions communications will be done via e-mail, with prepared offer of admission packages sent in the mail.
For questions related to the SGS online application system please click HERE.
The following documents are required to apply to the MGA program and must be uploaded to the online SGS application.
Important New Information.
Transcripts of your academic record from each university attended are required for admission.
The University of Toronto now requires applicants to submit an electronic copy of their transcript as part of the application package. Applicants must either scan or take a screen shot of their transcript and upload it to the application. All transcripts must be submitted this way. Applicants are only required to submit a hard copy of their official transcript in a sealed envelope if they are requested by the department. Please do not submit a hard copy of the transcript unless requested.
Applicants who attended universities outside of North America must provide notarized English translations to accompany all documentation not written in English. If academic records do not reflect the completion of studies in progress, official final academic records indicating that the degree has been conferred must be submitted to us as soon as possible and before admission can be finalized. Instructions about clearing these conditions are found on the offer of admission.
Two Letters of Recommendation
Statements of Intent
Please provide both of the following statements in one PDF document:
- Please submit a statement of approximately 400-500 words that identifies a global affairs question, topic, or problem that interests you, and reflects on how it is being addressed, and/or which provides an innovative approach to addressing it.
- Please submit a personal statement of approximately 400-500 words that discusses how you have come to be interested in global affairs, and what you intend to accomplish or pursue in this field after completing an MGA at the Munk School of Global Affairs.
Resume or CV
Are standardized tests required?
Proof of English Language Proficiency (if necessary)
Equivalently, you are not required to submit scores if and only if (a) you have a degree from a Canadian university (regardless of the language of instruction) or (b) you have a degree for which the language of instruction and examination was English (regardless of the country in which you obtained the degree).
Please note that test scores more than two years old by the application deadline of January 25, 2017 will not be accepted (no exceptions).
Minimum Recommended Scores:
TOEFL iBT Test (min score): Total score of 100-120. Speaking 22-30.
TOEFL PBT Test (min score): Total score between 600-677. Min 5 on the Test of Written English (TWE).
IELTS min score between Band 7-9.
Please click HERE for further information.