All courses in your first year will be completed at the Faculty of Law
In the first 3 years of study, you will:
- Complete 45 credits at the Faculty of Law
- Satisfy the compulsory requirements of the JD, including the moot, an International/Comparative/Transnational Perspective (ICT) course, and a Perspective Course. Please see the JD Degree Requirements in the Academic Handbook.
- Complete 10 half-year courses at CERES. In your second year, you should complete at least 4 half-year courses at CERES
- Complete one of the following: 2 extra half-year courses at CERES ; 6 credits at the Faculty of Law ; a combination of 1 half-year course at CERES and 3 credits at the Faculty of Law
- Complete the CERES required research seminar course, ERE2000Y1
- Demonstrate reading competence in one of the region’s languages (pertinent to your Major Research Paper in ERE2000Y1) before the beginning of your final year
As a CERES MA/JD student, you will be encouraged to complete the CERES regional internship over one summer during your degree.
During the second to fourth year of your degree, you must submit your course selections for approval from the program coordinators of both CERES and the Faculty of Law.