Privacy & terms
The University of Toronto is committed to the protection of privacy. Ontario universities are covered by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the Act) which supports access to University records and protection of privacy. The University upholds these principles.
The University treats information consistent with the Act in its operations:
- FIPPA - General and Administrative Access and Privacy Practices
- FIPPA - Guideline Regarding Security for Personal and other Confidential Information
For more information, visit the website of University of Toronto’s FIPP office, or contact the University’s FIPP staff.
When you visit our website, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, providing us with non-identifiable information about your browser and device. This allows us to gain a better understanding of the visitors using our website, so that we can create a better user experience in the future.
- We use this information to monitor aggregate usage trends and identify opportunities to improve this website.
- Some pages on this website use third-party plug-ins to enhance the user experience. This includes event maps and social media share buttons. These plug-ins may collect non-identifiable information about your site visit and provide targeted advertisements. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising, or to opt-out, visit the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page.
- This website may include links that direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the content on any of these pages, and encourage you to read their privacy policies.