Study or intern in Europe, Russia or Eurasia
Along with your studies in Toronto, you will gain valuable experience in one or more of our regions of study through a 10- to 12-week internship and/or a semester abroad an at approved partner institution.
This internship is usually completed in the summer semester after your first year.
- You will attend several workshops to prepare for it during your first semester and will receive a CERES Internship Handbook at the first orientation session.
- The internship must be a minimum of 10 weeks and must be with a CERES-approved institution.
- Some recent internship placements include Carnegie Europe (Brussels), Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (Athens), Caucasus Resource Research Center (Tbilisi), Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (Oslo), WWF Germany (Berlin)
Exchanges are usually completed in the fall or winter semester of your second year.
- You can extend your regional experience by spending a semester on exchange before or after your internship, or you can forgo the internship experience and participate in an exchange semester.
- All exchanges are managed through the Centre for International Experience at the University of Toronto For a list of participating institutions and deadlines, please consult the University of Toronto Learning Abroad site
- Information on exchanges will be shared at orientation sessions during your first semester at CERES
- Students have recently completed exchanges at universities that include Sciences Po in Paris and Central European University in Vienna
Exchange at the University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Kyiv, Ukraine
** The outbound portion of this exchange is temporarily suspended due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
Open to MA and PhD students in all fields who have a record of academic excellence.
- The successful candidate will spend either the fall or winter semester studying at the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.
- The level of financial support varies and can include travel costs, a living and housing stipend, and overseas health insurance.
- Apply through the Petro Jacyk Program for the Study of Ukraine and CERES
- Visit the website of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy for more information