Currently accepting applications. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2023.
The William Beattie Fund for Undergraduate Research is available to PCJ students to support research travel overseas that is associated with:
- An approved directed-reading course focusing on a topic relevant to peace, conflict and justice; or
- Participation in a study abroad program; or
- Participation in an internship opportunity abroad
For #1: Prepare a letter of application which includes a detailed plan for foreign travel and research (topic, date of departure, duration, research methodology etc.) and an outline of the directed-reading course (including confirmation of the agreement of an instructor to oversee the project).
For #2: : Prepare a letter of application which includes an outline of your study abroad plans: university, term of exchange, intended coursework, and your motivation
For #3: Prepare a letter of application which outlines the internship organization, role, program duration, and whether paid or unpaid. The letter should include an outline of your motivation for the internship. Internship hosts must send a letter confirming the applicants’ participation to email@example.com.
NOTE: Beattie Awards are not intended to cover a student’s full travel and research budget, so supplemental funding should also be sought from other sources. All proposals for undergraduate independent research involving human subjects must receive Ethics Review clearance.
- AWARDEES FOR 2021-22: MARYAM REHMAN AND NIVAAL REHMAN
- AWARDEES FOR 2018-19: ENGIN POLAR, RUSHAY NAIK
- AWARDEES FOR 2017-18: TYLER MCDERMOTT, ATIF KHAN, SAAMBAVI MANO, STEPHANIE XU