By hiring an MPP student or graduate – full time, or as part of our summer internship program – you are accessing the best and brightest young minds in public policy today.
As part of the Master of Public Policy curriculum, our students develop strong skills in leadership, analysis, communication, and research through rigorous two-year academic programming and practitioner training as well as their for-credit summer internship
After their first year, MPP students can already hit the ground running and immediately begin to add value in your organization through:
- Policy formulation and development
- Strategic implementation
- Economic and statistical analysis
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Communication of complex issues
- Program design
- Providing social context for policy-making
As an employer of a recent MPP graduate, you are adding boundless energy, fresh, critical skills and a deep understanding of public policy and practices to your team. You are building important relationships with the brightest policy students in Canada, and helping them to make the link between knowledge and application, which is so critical for the future of good policy and governance.
How to get involved
- Contact our Career Services Team anytime with any questions, or to enquire about hiring an MPP intern or graduate
- Join our career exploration days and networking events, virtually and on campus – browse our upcoming events or contact the Career Services Team for more information
- Meet and network with MPP students by attending flagship events hosted by the Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy. School events include lectures and conferences with leading policy scholars and practitioners.
- Engage with our student leadership initiatives — MPP students host and run several initiatives that are by-and-for students, and include publishing journals, hosting podcasts and serving as consultants on real-world problems. There are many ways to get involved in these initiatives and give of your time, talent or resources.
- Follow our social media channels to keep up-to-date with Munk School and student activities and opportunities!