Professional development opportunities are an integral component of the MPP program, and our dedicated Career Services Team is committed to supporting your professional development throughout your time at the Munk School.
In your first year, you will take workshops focused on preparing you for your summer internship, and the team will work closely with you to find your ideal internship placement and match you with a faculty supervisor. Workshops and individual support include sessions on writing resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, and communications strategies for public policy professionals.
During your second year, you will learn the skills necessary for your job search and career exploration, and have the opportunity to take part in speed networking events. Specifically, Career Services support to Year 2 students includes:
- Access to relevant and timely job postings
- Access to a policy-focused online career resources website
- One-on-one sessions on career advice, job search strategies, interview preparation and more.
- Professional development workshops on a range of topics including job search strategies, LinkedIn, Microsoft Excel, behavioural insights, financial accounting, digital governance and more.
- Staff develop and maintain employer relationships, with the goal of connecting students to jobs.
- Access to the MPP alumni contacts database
- Networking events and trips, including networking events in Ottawa, as well as events focused around municipal and provincial opportunities.